The Bartell SWS-2000 Single Wire Bead Winding System is a complete bead line capable of producing two flat or taper base, single-wire hexagonal or square section beads simultaneously.
The system is controlled via software which integrates the synchronized operation of the four axis Servo System which drives the winder, pay-on head, height adjust, and the servo-driven former expand/ collapse. Machine parameters are digitally monitored and controlled via a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and a menu driven touch screen.
• Former Designs for multi size bead diameters
• Automatic Bead Transfer Systems
• Integrated Control System – PLC and Servo System Drives and Motors
Features & Benefits
• Single Operator Control
• Hexagonal Section Beads
• Integrated Line Control
• Multi Bead Recipe Storage
• Automatic Unload
• Simple Machine Set-up
• Expand Former
• System Diagnostics
• Multi Bead Productivity
• Precision Wire Pre-Cast system
• Product Flexibility
• Controlled Process
• Continuous Production
• Multi Size Bead Diameters
• Reduced Downtime
• Reduced Bead Cost
• Improved Product Quality
• Winder has a servo driven former assembly for precise speed and position control, a servo driven pay-on head, a servo driven head height adjust assembly and the servo driven former expand/collapse feature. The SWS-2000 uses an adjustable radially expanding former design which automatically deposits the finished beads into a chute.
• Two Patented Single Wire Pneumatic Festoon units that sync the stop/start actions of the winder with the constant speed of the extrusion process. Consisting of a water cooled “pulloff” drum with offset guide sheaves. Each pneumatic festoon uses a cable cylinder to pretension the wires. The lower sheave assembly travels up and down the masts using linear guide rails. A Linear Transducer on the festoon mast controls the pull drum speed and safely stops the winder.
• Top sheave assembly may be released from its safety latch and lowered to enable easy string-up at floor level.
• A Cold Feed Plastiscrew Extruder complete with Temperature control Units and the Bartell 5601 insulating head.
• Let-Off Equipment consisting of two Heavy Duty Let-Off Stands, a two-station gathering rail and a guide roll stand.
• Integrated Control System, including PLC and Servo system drives and motors, for automatic control of the process.
• Operator Interface Terminal containing menu screens, run screens, manual screens and diagnostic screens.
• Designed to meet government and industry standards around the world.
Bead ID: 13-24.5” (330 – 622 mm)
Bead Width: Up to 16 wires 1.0” (25.4 mm)
Bead Height: Up to 16 layers 0.75” (19 mm)
Bead Base Angle: 0 Deg – 15 Deg
Diameter Adjustment: + / - 0.125”
Shape: Hexagonal, square, offset
Cross-over: Single or multiple point
The bead line is capable of producing two beads per machine cycle. Maximum outputs are dependent upon Operator skills, size of bead under construction, and raw material properties
Beads per cycle: Two (2) Productivity: (22.5”) 72-Turn @ 4 beads/minute Line Speed: 1,000 ft/minute (304 m/minute)
Your message has been sent. Thank you!
Your experience on this site will be improved by allowing cookies.