The Bartell Automatic Truck Bead Apex System brings automation to the Bead /Apex process for tire Beads in the diameter range 17.5” to 24.5”. The Bartell Automatic Truck Bead Apex System combines the Apex profile extrusion process, Apex profile delivery and automatic Apex application in one compact integrated system. In addition, automated product handling of the Bead both from the Bartell Bead Winding system to the Apex application station and the completed Bead/Apex component to the next process completes this unique manufacturing cell. Designed to accommodate either single or dual compound Apex profiles, the system uses a RMS 120/90 mm dual extrusion process. This automated process enables improvements in Bead /Apex quality and reduces operating costs compared to conventional production methods.
The standard system is controlled by a PLC and servo control system via an operator interface terminal capable of accepting product profile recipes that can be varied to suit individual customer requirements. Following initial size adjustments and extruder die set-ups, the machine operates in automatic mode and consists of the following components:
Automatic Apex Application Station
• Apex Advance Assembly for automatically advancing the Apex profile to position at the Bead
• Automatic Electrical Hot Knife Assembly for cutting the Apex to the calculated precise length
• Apex Tail End Gripper Assembly
• Stitching Wheel Assembly to automatically stitch the Apex to the Bead
• Bartell (Patented) Apex Leading Edge Gripper Assembly
• Servo Bead Drive Assembly for automatic rotation of the Bead during the application process
• Apex Anti-Cupping Assemblies
• Three Segment Radially Expanding Bead Clamp Assembly
• Pneumatic Controls
Apex Accumulator System
Apex Accumulator System - Used to control the temperature of the Apex profile and to allow uninterrupted production between the extrusion system and the Apex Application Station.
Automatic Draw Table - Designed to automatically draw the Apex profile from the extruder head at the correct speed to assist Apex profile specifications.
Electrical Controls and System Integration System - Comes completely wired and integrated as one operational unit with all necessary PLC software and drives for control of the complete system, including the Duplex Extruder.
Cabinets housing the SCR drives and servo controllers - For the Application Station, Accumulator and Extruder, complete with all PLC and motion controls are mounted locally next to the System. Operator line and setup controls are via a HMI. The HMI is capable of operating all line functions and storing a number of production recipes to assist quicker size change-over. The unit is mounted on a pedestal and positioned at the Application Station and also capable of displaying system diagnostic information.
System Safety Guarding - Consisting of barrier guarding in and around risk areas and including electrically interlocked gates and light curtains for access to the Apex Application Station.
Operator Interface Terminal - Positioned at the Application Station for Automatic Apex menu selection, also includes manual override operations and Fault screens diagnostics.
Automatic Bead Loading System - Used to automatically place Beads into the Automatic Apex Application Station prior to the application of the Apex profile.
Automatic Apexed Bead Removal System - Used to remove the finished Apexed Bead from the Application Station. The Apexed Beads are placed horizontally onto a rotating storage carousel.
Features & Benefits -
• Single Apex profile cut eliminates rubber waste
• Butt joint of the Apex Splice improves uniformity and eliminates any bulge at the Apex Splice
• Quick change tooling reduces downtime for size changes
• Automatic Bead loading and Apexed Bead removal systems eliminate the requirement for operator involvement
• System can be combined with a Bartell SWF2000 Beadline to form a complete automated manufacturing cell
Your message has been sent. Thank you!
Your experience on this site will be improved by allowing cookies.